FORT BEND COUNTY, TX -The Fort Bend County Fire Marshal’s Office urges the citizens of
- Use only approved, legal, and common fireworks.
- Always have a responsible adult light all fireworks.
- Have a charged garden hose or a fire extinguisher handy.
- Use fireworks under outdoor conditions only, away from buildings, houses with wood shingles, trees, and dry fields.
- Avoid aerial type fireworks.
- Light one item at a time, move away quickly, and keep a safe distance away.
- Dispose of used fireworks by first soaking them in water.
- Ensure the safety of pets.
- Use eye protection.
- Remember your neighbors and clean up all debris.
- If a device does not light or fire, an adult should wait a minimum of five minutes before approaching the device.
- Rather than buying fireworks, attend a public fireworks display when available and make that a new or continued family tradition.
Citizens living within city limits should contact their perspective jurisdiction to learn of regulations and firework bans in place.