Published at the Request of City of Meadows Place
Meadows Place, Texas September 16, 2008
Contact: City Hall 281-983-2950
Storm Debris Pickup
The City of Meadows Place has partnered with Fort Bend County and several other Fort Bend cities to pick up storm debris left in the wake of Hurricane Ike. This program consists of three separate “sweeps” with the first sweep expected in Meadows Place on Wednesday or Thursday. The next “sweep” will take place two or three weeks later with the last “sweep” two or three weeks after that.
To make ready for debris pick up the residents are asked to do the following:
- Pile debris on the curb – but out of the street – in piles suitable for “claw” pickup. Bundling is NOT necessary.
- Construction debris should be in a separate pile from vegetation, limbs and shrubbery.
- Do not stack near or over fire hydrants, or utility fixtures such as water meters as the claw may destroy the meter.
- Do not mix storm debris with normal household garbage. Household garbage will be service as usual.
- Debris MUST NOT BE BAGGED.
If you do not get all your debris curbside for the first ‘sweep’ and pick up, you may continue to place remaining debris on right-of-way or curbside for subsequent pickups.
Please check the city website www.cityofmeadowsplace.org for updates.